Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any last date for submission of the consent/authorization form?
No, there is no last date. However, it is preferred that you submit the consent/authorization form by 22nd day of any month to make a contribution.
- Can I submit the form after 22ndday of the month?
Yes, you can submit the consent form on any day after 22nd as well. However, In the case of submission after this date, the contribution for the consented month(s) will be deducted from the salary of the upcoming month in addition to the contribution, if any, consented for that month as well.
- What should I write if I don’t have Employee Code/ID?
In that case, you may write NA in the Employee Code/ID column.
- What should I do as my Department/College/Institute/Centre/Hostel/Office name is not on the list?
You may select the 'OTHER' option and fill the complete name of your Department/College/Institute/Centre/Hostel/Office name in the provided space.
- Is there any preferred contribution that should be made?
No, there is no preferred contribution. It is absolutely voluntary and the contributor can contribute any percentage of her/his salary for any number of the month(s) in the year 2020 as per choice.
- To deduct the consented percentage of salary, how the base salary will be computed?
The consented contribution will be deducted on the basis of salary that includes Basic Pay plus DA of the contributor.
- Am I eligible for the Income-tax benefits?
Yes, the contributions made to The PM CARES Fund would qualify for 80G benefits for 100% exemption under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Will I get a certificate from The PM CARES Fund for claiming tax deduction?
The Fund will not issue a certificate. The deduction in respect of such donations will be admissible on the basis of Form 16 issued by the college/University in this regard specifying the amount of contribution made to the PM CARES Fund.
For official notification of the CBDT, please click here
- Can I request for the refund of the contribution that I consented?
No request for the refund of the consented contribution will be admissible.
- Can I revoke the consent at a later date?
Yes, you can revoke the consent by Clicking Here, but it will be effective from the next month only..
- Can I revise my consent at a later date?
Yes, you can revise the consent by Clicking Here, but it will be effective from the next month only..
- Do I need to submit the hardcopy of the filled form with the Finance Branch?
No, you are not required to send any hardcopy of your filled form.